24 April 2010

Grand Re-Opening {Finally!}


I am relieved, my etsy shop is finally full of all of my new work and a few old favorites. I am quite pleased with my photographs too. My cozy bungalow has a great window for photographing jewelry.

So, take a peek.....

This bamboo coral ring is the start of my specimen series. I have a few ideas up my sleeve and hope this project takes me in the direction of really glamorous cocktail rings.

I started my pod series last summer but started to focus on it more this spring. This ring is one of the first of the series that I made. It is a piece of faceted carnelian with a textured silver backing riveted onto a ring band. This ring is inspired by the bittersweet berries we enjoy decorating with in the autumn. 


This is my favorite of the pod series thus far. It is reminiscent of plump summer berries, not yet ripe enough to eat. The color of olive jade (or serpentine) is the essence of life to me. Watching spring bud to life around me has surrounded me by this color.


This pod ring is representative of decay. Not all buds blossom, some come to an end before they start ,and it doesn't necessarily lack in beauty.


Moon earrings are an old favorite. Inspired by lovely texture on left over scrap metal, they had a humble start. I have been having fun with different sizes and noticing that customers love the options. These are medium. Here are the small and large. Look and see which ones are for you.
{read: these are the start of a new series also. I have a feeling that these moons will appear on necklaces and dangle earrings too!}


I have been away from enameling for too long. To get myself back into the swing of things I designed some earrings that I could use as color palates for my explorations in color. After I have finished playing I get to come up with fun names for my studies. This one is Freckled Pink!


This was a fun exploration. The chartreuse was labeled as a transparent purple but I was pleasantly pleased with the outcome, I am smitten with chartreuse! Even more so in combination with lavender. The combination reminds me of lilacs blooming from green leafed bushes. 


These were the first pieces of metal that I enameled since university {it was long ago, trust me} and I started with my old favorite colors. Robin Egg Blue and Leaf. How could you not tell they would be a favorite? They have taken over my business theme. Banners, cards, stickers, ricrac, you name it is covered with this color combination. Luckily my customers seem to like my love for greens and blues too.

Now that I have filled my shop I find myself wanting to get back to my bench to design some more new work. As an artist are you ever done designing? I doubt I will ever be.

xo, Kim







2 comments:

  1. wowzers
    these are so amazing!
    and so beautifully created!
    i enjoy your blog, and am delighted to be graced by your loveliness!
    have fun being creative! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a sweet comment. thank you!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read what you have to say!

thanks for reading!