15 July 2010

welcome summer! more blooms

The gardens here are full of surprises as I haven't witnessed them in bloom yet. When I saw this stem I knew what was coming. After waiting patiently the oriental lilies finally burst open this morning.
Maybe they were waiting for some rain? I know I was happy to cooled down. 


Hibiscus have been in  bloom for a few weeks now. I just love seeing pink, purple and white as I drive around town. 

I wonder what the neighbors think of me. I am always sticking my phone into their flowers to take pictures. Then to process them I shake my phone like a polaroid. Must look a little silly. That's just fine, I love being able to look back after the flowers aren't blooming. I can recall how the sun felt on my shoulders and how happy I was to discover these blooms.



enjoy the rain!
xo, Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read what you have to say!

thanks for reading!