04 August 2010

welcome summer! eating outdoors in the city

This weekend was really some of the best weather of the summer thus far. High seventies and not humid, pure perfection. After a great day at Indie Arts Fest we spent Sunday taking it slow and enjoying the day. I suppose we just celebrated a Sunday as people do. 

We ate outdoors in the courtyard at Olga's. Even though I could see the brick buildings of the city it seemed like an escape. Surrounded by tall hedges and trees we ate a peaceful lunch. 


There are many beds of plants on the brick patio. Most are herbs that the kitchen uses. But they saved space for some cheery zinnia. 


Such a pretty hue against the white stucco. I am always in awe of the flowers there. So long ago I recall visiting in the end of winter and seeing crocus creep out from under a shallow blanket of snow. I knew then it would be a magical summer getaway. 


basque in the sun!
xo, kim

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read what you have to say!

thanks for reading!