05 August 2010

welcome summer! neighborhood stroll

I just can't get enough of the flowers in my neighborhood. Here on the Pawtucket/Providence border we are lucky to have such great gardeners. 

Love these hydrangeas. I spotted these on my way home from leaving my car at the mechanics. It turned out to be a great mechanic day, the check engine light only ran me $40.  Anyway, I am always amazed at the variety of hydrangeas and how they bloom at different times. These are pretty in white.


I am still in love the with black eyed susans. {do you prefer black eyed susans or brown eyed susans? so very confusing.} They have been in bloom for some time now. The front yard here is so cheery with them hanging about. 


go take a stroll.
xo, Kim



2 comments:

  1. I really like both types in the black eyed susans!

    Do you know how to dry hydrangea is my question of the day. If they stay on the bush long enough they seem to cut off better and the blooms do not shrivel. But I cut some a couple weeks ago with the intent of enjoying them in the house and making them into a dried arrangement but they shriveled up after three to five days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never dried hydrangeas before. Maybe if you cut them while they are still looking perfect and hang them upside down they will keep their form and color...

      Delete

I would love to read what you have to say!

thanks for reading!