14 August 2010

welcome summer!

It finally happened. One of the sunflowers planted by the wee one downstairs has bloomed. It must be ten feet tall and it's head is bowing down from weight. I don't think I have ever stood near such a tall and lovely sunflower before. And I am beyond amazed that a three year old planted the seeds for this beast.
Throughout the end of the spring and beginning of the summer I watched the little lady gardener carry her watering can over to the spot where she sowed some seeds. Before the stalks started to grow I didn't know what to expect to see growing in that spot. Then I started to recognize the leaves, but I never thought I would see something so large and beautiful. And this is the first of about eight. So, expect more photos of sunflowers in the near future.

water your flowers! the results are grand.
xo, Kim





No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read what you have to say!

thanks for reading!