15 November 2010

i pity the fool who don't buy handmade

I am just another lucky lady blogger who is a part of A Crafty Holiday blog hop. Though it seems like a lot of us {thirty-five} are pledging to promote buying handmade for the holidays, in reality there it isn't all that many of us. I am not trying to complain, it is just that buying handmade is terribly important to me, thus I believe that more folks need to join in on the cause. Maybe you need some good reasons or to take a pledge, whatever it takes is just fine with me. 

Preaching aside, here are some great ideas on what to buy for the ones you love. {please click on the photos to be directed to the shops, 'cause I know you want to get buying. the holidays are a comin'}

My favorite people to shop for are my nieces. I have two irresistibly cute ones both with blue eyes and curly hair. Aren't these felt color studies by Jen Menkhaus just perfect for a little lady? I have long been a friend of the littlest bean, in fact I own a few of these myself.
[please, please, please do not pin this as DIY on pinterest. this is a design by an independent artist who makes a living selling her items. it is disrespectful to promote someone else's idea and means of making a living as DIY. thank you.]

My other favorite cuties are my nephews, all five of them. I'm not sure how they feel but the mother of four of these nephews likes her boys to match. Easy for me, I think they will all love the curious rodeo shirt by heatherjeany. {I may need to get this for my two handsome younger cousins too!}

There are four more ladies I always buy for, my aunts. They are some important ladies in my life and I always buy them a little something. Crantini holiday soap from Stella Marie Soap Company seems perfect to me. With the motto "a good bath freakin' rules" how can you go wrong with this as a gift for hard working ladies?


 Do you wonder where to buy all of this handmade goodness? Wonder no more. There are some great sites like Etsy or Supermarket featuring loads of work from artists. But many cities have some great brick and mortar stores filled with crafty handmade goodness. Here in the little state Craftland is just that store. Oh, and after this weekend full of craft fair craziness I can't forget to tell you to visit your local fairs to buy right from the makers. Because buying handmade and local rocks!

ps: I already got what I wanted from the candy thief. I love LOVE love her stuff. 
xo, kim


18 comments:

  1. Yay for another Crafty Holiday post. I love the hairclips, so cuters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great list. I'm loving that ipad case from Linda's shop, and those journals are so sweet too.

    Random side note, my sister use to teach at the school that Mr. T attended. My sister is very young so Mr. T was long gone, yet I love that piece of info ;) Great title!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh! LOVE that pewter! You've got a great list, thanks for all these great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks, ladies! I love the Mr.T story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great post - I love the tshirts by heatherjeany and may have to get one of those for my little guy. I actually realized that he had one of her goldfish onesies when he was little - it was a gift and I adored it but never knew where it came from - now I know!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome picks! The rodeo T-shirt is just flat out adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, thank you for including me in your list! Go hand-made!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Devienna, you are most welcome. I need to think about colors for her. She will love any piece of yours.
    Thanks, Ladies. Heatherjeany's work is always well loved!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your list (and not just cuz my iPad sleeve is in it). Thanks for including me! Nice to see many familiar favorites here!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Linda, it is such a great man present. Isn't craftland just the best place in our state to buy handmade?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm adding that tree ornament to my list... love it so much. And that journal may just make it's way onto my boyfriend's list, too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. thanks, ladies. happy to help with your lists.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great idea! I should sign up to take this pledge, except I always have a hard time finding something for my husband that is homemade---something he'll love. He is so hard to shop for...

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a great post! There's so much stuff here I like :) Gonna go check out all these shops now...

    ReplyDelete
  15. i got so distracted by clicking from store to store yesterday I forgot to give you a shout out! great post chock full of goodies. thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read what you have to say!

thanks for reading!