21 November 2010

studio sundays

My poppy earrings have really started to take off this sale
 season. Finally! I started making them in poppy colors and I think it has helped. Though I love red, orange and yellow I thought I needed a little something to mix things up. So, I did a little research and found this poppy in one of my favorite books. 


I rummaged through my transparent blues and after firing it the plain blue wasn't enough. 


I realized what I needed was some pollen. It is the orange that really makes this poppy color work. The opaque orange gives the true appearance of pollen as it looks grainy and suspended in the clear blue. I do wish I had a better photograph. Maybe if these are still around after the weekend you will soon find them in my etsy and supermarket shops. That is, if I have time to photograph and list them!

happy end of weekend! 








1 comment:

  1. Hi I'm also from rhode island ( warren) and just stumbled upon ur page/crafts via craft gawker app just wanted to say hello and keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read what you have to say!

thanks for reading!