03 November 2010

welcome autumn!

On Halloween Callie and I took a walk through Riverside Cemetery. 
There are many houses that border the cemetery. Some have lovely courtyards like the one above.

My favorite leaves are the crimson ones.

Especially against the jewel blue sky. 

There are some great stone bridges in this cemetery. Really, it was a quaint little walk. It's a hilly area and the stones are clustered together instead of being in long straight lines. There are lots of trees and plants and that is what I love most.

I thought these easter lilies were interesting. Though, they are the poppies from last week.

I thought this was going to be a spooky crypt of sorts, it turned out to be a work shed. What a disappointment for a Halloween jaunt.

This came out just as I saw it to be in my mind. The vines with a few leaves still holding on is pure perfection. 

Tulip tree leaves are my favorite. They may not be crimson but it is their shape that I am in love with. I am ever so happy to see these trees bloom in the spring.

I took a few to the studio with me so I could enjoy them longer. I love the mustard yellow against my turquoise desk.

.............................................................

 ... another adventure...

Callie and I enjoyed a short jaunt through the boulevard last week. 

We had some fun crunching through the leaves as we walked to the park.

This short, stout little tree was my favorite that day.

As we returned back home I noticed these beauties are still around. Like me, they don't want to yield to the cold.

...........................................................................

 ...and one final adventure...

We girls have been having some snuggle time in the morning. 

The sun shines in bright and warms up the cool apartment. We never want to end the cuddle and leave the warmest of rooms.

But when we get out for the day, we make it an adventure...

..she sniffs, I click and process.

She pulls on her leash and I pull back promising that this is really the last picture I will take...

...until another color catches my eye...

...or an unsuspecting rose, still in bloom...

...or a flower I am ashamed is unknown to me.

It seems there is always something that makes me stop to take a closer look... 

...and there is always another scent to catch Callie's nose... 

...but we girls always make way to the studio to get to work....

...sooner or later.

And on our way in, we stop for one last picture.





enjoy autumn before the snowflakes fall!
xo, kim



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read what you have to say!

thanks for reading!