06 December 2010

monday's muse

One of my favorite books is Pictorial Webser's. I love all of the old engravings. My favorite pages so far are those dedicated to beetles. Yeah, I am that weird girl who loves bugs. In fact, there is one that lives in my studio and I get delighted when this unknown beetle with red markings comes out to play. 
Maybe I am most smitten with this beetle since it holds the name of a gem stone. It isn't a girl thing, it is a jeweler thing.

Though I love this beetle, to me it is the classic shape and markings one thinks of then they picture a beetle.


This little guy has some great markings. They are all quite fascinating little jewels, especially when they are presented in color.



what is your muse this week?

xo, kim

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read what you have to say!

thanks for reading!