08 January 2011

supermarket saturdays : swallowfield


I must confess that I am a bit of a stranger to mixed media collage. Not knowing where to begin or end I have yet to attempt it myself. It seems that Jennifer Judd-McGee of Swallowfield has mastered the art form. 

Jennifer gracefully covers pages of books. The results are what we all picture our doodles to become as we start to sketch in the margins. But Jennifer's lines take command of the print, giving it new life and direction. 

She turns printed matter into a mere canvass. Words become meaningless as forms take over.

But this only happen some of the time. Other times the words remain visible interacting with the drawings, completing the piece. 


happy saturday!
xo, kim






2 comments:

  1. Wow, that's amazing! I absolutely have to try it out. I doodle like crazy anyway but have never tried my doodling on book pages. ♥ it!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read what you have to say!

thanks for reading!