09 May 2011

city blue

Once again inspired by little brown pen I set out to capture some color in the city. 

It seems that blue is most likely to be found on the ground.


Or mostly below hip level. 


And it seems that whether the city paints the color,


or one of it's dwellers,


it comes out in nearly the same shade of blue.


I love the hue blue takes on once it starts to become patinated. 


This one is beautiful as the color wears you can see the rusted metal beneath the paint.


I love the contrast between the man made flower, 


and those from nature. 


Another great contrast is the shade of painted blue against concrete, 


and the shade of muscari against rock. 


This neighbor loves color. I am always sneaking pictures of her front gardens.


I just love these violets pushing their way through the cracks in the pavement. 




happy monday!
xo, kim





2 comments:

I would love to read what you have to say!

thanks for reading!