26 May 2011

spring! (new film + rain)

I got some new film for my hipstamatic. As of yet I can't decide if I am a fan or not. 
It captures the image well.

Nice color contrast.

And perhaps the perfect amount of haze.

But the frame changes, drastically. Sometimes it matches the subject, but not always.

On this day I took a bunch of pictures after the rain.
This isn't a new film, but one less explored.

I am happy I took the time to try it.

I must say, puffballs are best captured after rain. The details are amazing.

 There are still some lily of the valley out to play. 

There is so much blooming right now,

it is hard to take it all in.

The rain droplets were so on my side in this iris photo.

I have never seen beach roses in the city before. We had lots of them at one of our college rentals in westport. They smell just like potpourri. 

I love clematis!

The blooms all came out so pretty. I welcome the colors after the long winter we just had.

So does Callie girl. She is sitting pretty because my pocket is full of treats. Callie is getting much better at sitting when we stop at corners to cross. Treats work wonders!




happy almost weekend!
xo, kim





2 comments:

  1. I really love these images, but my favourite is the dandilion seedhead. I'm really inspired by them at the moment, have been exploring them in my own work (not ready to show on my blog yet though... really, really early stages). I really enjoy and look forward to your photo posts.
    Take care
    Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathryn, thanks so much! The dandelion seed is my favorite too. They are quite amazing.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read what you have to say!

thanks for reading!