03 July 2011

studio shots

There is so much about my studio that amazes me. I wonder about how it functioned before it was repurposed as artist spaces. The saw tooth roof I can see from my space had an obvious purpose, the roof was constructed to let natural light in for the workers to inspect fabric. But my boiler room building space is still a mystery to me. Offices, manufacturing space, storage....I can't be certain.


















My favorite part may be this scale that I still have yet to figure out. I wish it were in my space instead of the hallway so I could spend more time playing around with it. I love the photo of someone's math above this last picture. What are they calculating? Maybe it has to do with yardage to make or chemicals for dying fabric.





happy sunday! 
xo, kim






No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read what you have to say!

thanks for reading!