03 September 2011

New York City photos

I went to New York City to visit the New York Gift Show. Unfortunately I spent most of the time in the hotel room. Sometimes I think I am finally all better and some days not so much. On this eve, not so much. 
I was told this hotel room had views of the Hudson River. 


I found those views threw a slit in the window. 
{I'm talking about the frosted bathroom window.}


It opened about a mere inch. 


I didn't need to worry much about dropping my phone.


I loved hearing the city as I sat in the tinniest room I had ever been in. 

But it did have some perfect deco features.


The New Yorker.



I think my favorite accent in my room were the bath and shower knobs.

These handles are sweet too. I'd like to find a real bakelite version for a deco bench I refinished. 
{I must get to posting some before and after photos on that stat!}


There were some pretty great details to the railings I wish I could have captured.


But I did venture out to the gift show and made one final stop in times square before departing.


I love the lights. 


I don't care how touristy it is, I just really love the lights.


And the cabs adding their yellow accent.


I feel like visiting Times Square it's how you can really feel like you've been to the city.


You get lost in the hustle and noise.


But I must say, I'm peeved the cup o noodles is gone.


I parked to wander a bit, just long enough to see the city liven up for the night. {most of the photos above were taken from the passenger seat of my car except for these last two.}


Then I said good-bye, hopefully not for long.


xo, kim

PS: I collected lots of cards at the show and hope to share some favorite artists soon. I was truly inspired and can't wait to get back on my studio feet with some new business goals in the horizon.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read what you have to say!

thanks for reading!