11 October 2011

another east side stroll

Callie and I took a few different turns on our east side stroll last week. 
I discovered that there is a fabulous red door in the neighborhood we frequent. 


I love seeing plants and trees have their buds turn to berries in the autumn. Always a pleasant surprise.


I convinced Callie girl to be a mountain goat and climb up on this wall to post for a photo. She was too busy caring about the happenings about town to pose. 


I was surprised to find some foxglove in bloom. 


They are certainly my favorite biennial. 


They are wonderfully complicated and heavily decorated with spots. Back in my undergraduate days I made a necklace of these beauties. It was full of forming fun and yet ever such a delicate piece. One of these days I will get around to scanning the slides I have of my thesis work to share them with you. 


And there are still zinnias in bloom. A new favorite for certain.


It must have something to do with the color combinations being pure perfection. 


And this lovely black eyed susan caught my eye. 


It was slightly different than the common variety, the petals seemed to have more form to them. They looked more like wisps of sunshine. 



happy tuesday!
xo, kim  





No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read what you have to say!

thanks for reading!