04 October 2011

diy table runner

I have been doing a lot of thrifting as of late.  


I couldn't help but get this working singer sewing machine from salvation army. Then I couldn't help myself from using it. 

I had this fabric from Lorraine's Fabric. My original idea was to trim this lovely fabric with some twill tape. But It was a nightmare to work with when I got to sewing it. 


I went back to just pinning and ironing the hem and made a trip to Lorraine's Fabric to look for another trim. 


My rickrack find was way better than the twill tape in so may ways. Maybe it was just working with rickrack, or that I love turquoise and pea green together. 

It may be simple but I love the results. The color combination is just perfect for my home. 



happy tuesday!
xo, kim




No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read what you have to say!

thanks for reading!