29 December 2011

handmade holiday, gifts given

Every year I kick myself for not writing down the names of every last artisan I bought gifts from. I need to start making lists and taking pictures of what I buy as some folks don't have all of their goods on their websites. {Imagine the horror!} 

Without further ado, here are the pictures I could round up....

My aunts got "you rule" ornaments by Sew Mary Ann. The absolute perfect gift!


And for the lady who helps keep Callie fur from our floors, I bought her a little something to jazz up her sewing routine. Made in Lowell's work is just darling. She always seems to have the right gift for someone on your list. 

My brother-in-law, now residing in Sweden, needed something stylish to keep the chill away. I found this cowl at Craftland by Pip Robins. I couldn't have hand-picked the color combo better myself. Upon finding it I thought it looked custom made for him.


It seems that not a year can go by that I don't leave Twist without something from Beehive Kitchenware. This year I got my father this heart spatula. Yes, my father! It reminded me of weekends at his house,  where mornings turned into afternoon while we talked over coffee and pancakes. He is manly enough to carry it off, I promise!

Nephew number five is on the way, his January due date is approaching and fast. When I saw this onesie by eggagogo, I knew it was perfect for the newest member of the family. 


For my niece who loves her skirts and high heels I got her some tea party cookies and cakes. They were perfectly girly and so well packaged. I was delighted to find out she had a play kitchen, I've been looking for a reason to buy something made by Jar of Wonder.


This vase isn't the exact same one that I got for my step-mother but it's the closest I could find.  As always, I am late giving gifts, this was meant for her birthday. But she was just as happy to get it on christmas filled with red and white tulips. Taylor Ceramics has a nice, clean aesthetic. The flowers and vase never compete, they just compliment each other. 

Not pictured but just as adored, a clutch by pink lemonade boutique for my niece in Sweden. It's a sweet little bird pouch I filled with ....

...an "f" initial brooch in fuchsia...

...and some buttered toast with a smile by migration goods. I'm pretty sure my blue-eyed Swedish niece will love it. 

As always, I kept my vow and bought handmade.

happy thursday!
xo, kim






3 comments:

I would love to read what you have to say!

thanks for reading!