24 February 2012

narragansett electric part two : interior {via point and shoot}

I love the bones of Narragansett Electric much more than I like the exterior. I was hoping to get in to take some close ups and do some more intimate exploring, instead these pictures were taken through a chain link fence. 
The interior was much more rustic and weathered which made me love it even more.


And the sunlight casting shadows and creating forms made the views all the more amazing.


As with the exterior the steel structures mimic the shape of the arches and rectangular windows.






I spy rust and rivets. It's just dreamy to someone who loves working with metal.




















Yes, this cog came home with me. Little hands fit through fences..








I'm sort of in love with all of the X's in these last few shots.






And what are these circles all about? So weird to find them in the land of angles and arches.






In this last photograph I love the bursts of light coming from windows unseen.

What is so fascinating about weathered and worn structures? I can't get enough of them.

happy friday!
xo, kim



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read what you have to say!

thanks for reading!