22 February 2012

texture!

One of my photo a day challenges gave texture as a theme. Once I submitted my photo for the day I realized my fascination with texture on telephone poles wasn't quite over.
In college hill they are mainly community boards. 


Remnants of nails, staples and posters are left behind, adding character to the wood.


In my Pawtucket studio grounds they are just weathered by the elements and painted.


Or on the east side, they get tagged, a rarity in these parts.


I can't be sure if it is the mix of materials, the earn to feel the texture knowing a splinter awaits, or just letting your imagination run wild wondering what had a home there. A sign for a beloved lost pet, an ad, a call for artists, artwork, a concert poster... What ever it was, it left it's mark.

happy wednesday!
xo, kim



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read what you have to say!

thanks for reading!