23 May 2012

welcome spring!

Spring has flown by, flowers have bloomed and wilted as quickly as they came. Since I have been so tardy with my welcome spring posts I thought I would arrange all future posts by color. This way none of our favorite spring blooms get lost in the shuffle.
For no special reason, I am starting with pink...

Pink dogwoods are always a favorite.

They are simple, cheery and just as amazing alone or huddled together on a branch.

These sweet blossoms (someone help me here on the name) are the perfect start to spring. And I love how it looks like pink snow when these trees shed their flowers. 

And the most vibrant of spring pinks are always bleeding hearts.

But these azaleas are quite bright as well. 

Anemone clematis are one of my favorite spring vines. These are the palest of pink and well accented with yellow stamen. I do wish these stayed around longer. 

This yard is always full of lovely color combinations. Everything compliments these blue tiled steps. 

Rainy day walks can make for nice pictures. 

Something must be brewing in our neighborhood. I've been seeing pink spots on the curbs. I suspect there is road work in our future. 

I'm smitten with my pink English Daisies on the fire escape. I check on them everyday to look for new buds. They are so innocent looking.

This iris is certainly more peach than pink but it is a lovely site, especially with its orange accents.

There are so many spring blooms which are so simple yet so stunning.

After being starved for color all winter, any and all blooms are welcome.

With this pink spring photo collection all together I've realized the contrast between the bright and sunny photos...

...and the rainy day photos. I just can't choose a favorite. Well, I can choose a favorite weather to take my strolls in but seeing raindrops collecting on petals is a pretty site on film. 

Which do you prefer? Raindrop photos? Sunny ones? Walks in the sun? Puddle jumping? Or walks right after the rain? 

One of my favorite color combinations are pink, orange and yellow. It's daring but so lovely.

Dahlias are another favorite. I've always wanted these in my garden. Maybe next year...


happy wednesday!
xo, kim



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read what you have to say!

thanks for reading!