09 April 2014

new stockist and good company

I am so very excited to announce my newest stockist, Equinox Gallery in San Antonio. My shiny objects with dashes of color were shipped off yesterday hoping to arrive in time for Fiesta!


As I made piles of silver dust in my studio I kept thinking of all the wonderful and talented designers I would be keeping company with at Equinox. I must say, I am so very honored to be in the same space as them.


April Wood has lovely geometric designs arranged into natural forms. 


Tara Locklear uses wood and recycled skateboards to put a modern twist on costume jewelry. 


Kat Cole uses a wonderful mix of materials to achieve rich colors and textures.



Marissa Saneholtz uses enamel, powder coating and tin to touch on gender issues in her work which is rich in imagery. 


Rachel Timmons uses untraditional materials to create chain, a traditional jewelry material, yet pushes the limits with size and function. 



Laura Wood uses repurposed jewelry and gives it new life. I love her powdercoated finishes and subtle asymmetry which pushes the boundaries of an otherwise traditional style. 


Audrey Peck uses seemingly discarded materials to recreate delicate pieces rich in texture.


Abigail Heuss is easily my favorite artist represented by Equinox. We are former bench mates from the University of Massachusetts at Dartmouth. I am lucky to own a pair of her tin earrings. They are just as amazing as she is. 


Anne Fiala creates work rich in materials yet these pieces are just one material used to represent what would usually be a stone in a metal setting. I am in love with the contradiction.


Amy Tavern has long been a favorite jeweler of mine. It has been years since I first discovered she uses spray paint to achieve her rich hues yet I am still mesmerized. 


Caitie Sellers makes amazing jewelry inspired by ironwork and cityscapes which is so easy for this city dweller to love.


This Cerulean Brooch by Laritza Garcia blows my mind. I can't do it justice, read about her methods of making here

To see the rest of the artists represented at Equinox look here.

xo, kim

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read what you have to say!

thanks for reading!